“All we need is love…”, tells us a romantic song. And I`ll tell you every web developer needs motivation and inspiration. Which are not so romantic as it may seem for the first sight.
Those two naughty sisters (motivation and inspiration) sometimes leave us violently, giving no chance to be creative and productive. During a tough standstill period, you try to find at least something, that will get yourself together and pull out of a jam.
Therefore, I`ve got 21 tiny pills, which cure me while stagnation is attacking my creativity and productivity. This is a list of inspiration quotes I like the most. Hope they will provide you with an emergency help in the situation like that…
- Design is the silent ambassador of your brand. – Paul Rand
- Even large companies need small logos. – Tanner Christersen
- There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for. – Milton Glaser
- Make things as simple as possible…But not simpler. – Albert Einstein.
- What separates design from art is that design is meant to be… functional. – Cameron Moll
- Technology over technique produces emotionless design. – Daniel Mall
- Practice safe design: Use a concept. – Petrula Vrontikis
- Great web design without functionality is like a sports car with no engine.
― Paul Cookson
- The life of a designer is a life of fight. Fight against the ugliness. Just like a doctor fights against disease. For us, the visual disease is what we have around, and what we try to do is cure it somehow with design. – Massimo Vignelli
- I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things. – Lindon Leader
- Good design is all about making other designers feel like idiots because that idea wasn’t theirs. – Frank Chimero
- The client may be king, but he`s not the art director. – Von R.Glitschka
- The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible. – David Ogilvy
- Design from the spine and you`ll be fine. – Carl Heaton
- A picture is worth a thousand words. An interface is worth a thousand pictures. – Ben Schneiderman
- A computer without Photoshop is like a dog with no legs. Sure it is fun, but you can`t really do anything with it. – Benjamin Cavanagh
- Design is creativity with strategy. – Rob Curedale
- Content precedes design. Design in the absence of content is not design, it’s decoration. – Jeffrey Zeldman
- Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. – Fabien Barral
- Push your boundaries away and try to be as much simple as possible. The simpler you are, the wider audience you`ll involve.
- Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read. – Leo Burnett
Now it`s your turn!
I`ll prefer to stop here. Sure the list can infinitely grow and grow. But I offer you to continue it on your own.
Why 21? Because we live in the 21st century now and have to keep up with the time.
Follow us on Facebook and Linkedin.
Add comments with your inspiration quotes, which treat you in tough periods of motivation lack.